Every new blogger will have faced this confusing situation i.e. deciding the platform for their blog. The most suggested blogging platforms are WordPress, BlogSpot and Tumblr. Both WordPress and BlogSpot offer free blogging platform which is a very good way to start up your blogging career. But if you think of creating a blog from professional front, WordPress would be the best choice to go with. You can do a lot of things with a self-hosted WordPress blog which you can’t do on a BlogSpot blog.
Here are a few points to say that WordPress is better than BlogSpot:
- Control over the blog: WordPress offers you the finest control over its blog as it is self-hosted. But in BlogSpot, it is owned by Google and there are some chances that your blog can be deleted without even warning you. Even if you use your domain name, spammers could report your blog as spam and Google might remove your blog. This is the most common problem faced by most of the BlogSpot users.
- Search engine optimization: Wherever you host your blog, traffic is the primary thing you would look for. So, optimization of your blog is very important; it helps you in getting huge traffic from search engine. When WordPress and BlogSpot are compared in terms of SEO, WordPress offers more options to optimize your blog whereas in BlogSpot, you will be limited to certain settings.
- Plugins and support: WordPress is well-known for its plugins. We can say that the platform is blessed with the features like plugin and also the support from strong community. You will have to spend a lot of time to add such features in BlogSpot. But WordPress makes your work really easier as it has plugins for everything. And if not plugins, you can get support from the strong communities through which you can extend the capabilities of your blog.
- AdSense: AdSense is something like a boon for the bloggers who are looking to make money through their blogs. Earlier, BlogSpot was seen as the best platform to make use of AdSense but later on it became very tough to get an AdSense account with BlogSpot. But with WordPress you can have your AdSense account easily if you just have the domain email address.
- Social media websites: The bloggers, who are active in social media and bookmarking sites like Stumble upon, Delicious and reddit, will surely not be the fans of BlogSpot. Because many networks like Buysellads don’t accept BlogSpot bloggers; there is nothing wrong in it. But the thing is WordPress is more recognized in global standards when compared to BlogSpot.
Fortune Innovations Liverpool is a firmly established WordPress web development company having ample years of experience in the field. We have dexterous developers who are competent in providing seamless web solutions at a moderate cost. Kindly contact us if you have any requirements on web development.